Peace Corps volunteer in Albania: The contents of this blog are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Just some Photos over the last few months.

Chuck (his last few days in Albania), Sarah (her last week in Albania), myself, and Nik (who has worked with all of us and is also a great friend.) We are in the local cell phone shop making copies, nice paint job huh?
Learning how to read maps, why marking the trails is important to tourism, and an introduction to GPS.
Learning how to properly mark trails.
Making a fire at our campsite.
My group of boys (the only badly behaved group on the trip by the way) cleaning up the Valbona River.
James, Edi (Albanian student), Erwin, Myself, Alex, and Jen. Valbona trail development Project.
Foreign Language Lab, 9-Year School Rubik. Thank you French Embassy!

Dad, Myself, and Laurel somewhere in the Achilles tendon area of Italy.
Seth standing next to a village house in the mountains east of Librazhd. The white bag is making cheese. We were hiking and camping for a few days in a new National Park.
Inside the villagers summer home, on the table is a hot pale of milk served with spoons like soup. I don't like the goat milk but the Raki was great! We also ate fresh bread.
Shepard just outside of the shack we were hanging at. Notice the shotgun, they have a healthy population of wolves out where we were hiking!
My Kitchen, with the sink full of dishes, I was on a water schedule, give me a break!
My bathroom, the beer bottles are full of water, the damn water schedule again. That hole in the ground is the only external drain in the place, this is also where I shower and evacuate, and the blue bucket is my laundry "machine" and how I flush.
This is my main room, I took this from the kitchen. Thanks for the Flag dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers